Monday, March 31, 2014

Dream and Future

uhhh so cute.



Look at the chubby body of this cute lil pigeon!!!
ARGH!!! I want to touch it so badly.



Ha chilling in the neighborhood cause it's sunny with a little wind.
Lovely weather today.


/// Your future and dreams ///


I have been reading many articles about what to do and not to do in 20s,
also some articles talking about future and dreams recently.
And I am near to the end of my life in UK.
My 3rd project for my final sem is Self Promotional Project which ties me back
to analyze who I am, what I like, what I want, my plans for future etc.
Cause seriously when I thought of Who Am I, I don't have much clue before this project.
The thing I know about myself is not decisive.

I drew out a mind map about myself, then I realize,
my vision of my future is still so blur.
What graphic designer, what illustrator is not what I really wanted.
It's just a main career that supports what I really wanted to achieve.
Illustration is a hobby that what I really really like.
That's what I understand from analyzing myself this few days.

I guess what I really really wanted to do is to do something relating to clothing.

Not the sophisticated fashion design, but having my own clothing store
to sells what I like, and use my knowledge of graphic design etc skills to design
this shop as a whole. Independent label I shall say. (macam yes)
I like to look at clothing websites and blogs, especially Japanese look books,
cause they are sooooo organic, so rare and random, they have really good sense man.
Etsy and Folksy are great handmade sites to refer.
I really wanted to create stuffs I want to have myself!
Like tights. MAN I WANNA SILK SCREEN TIGHTS SO BADLY.

It doesn't seem relevant to what I learnt here.
But think again, I know how to silk screen, I know some other simply easy ways to do accessories,
I know some graphic design that can help me throughout the process,
and branding, also illustration I can do it myself, and finally photography skills
can help me in photographing goods and stuffs.
Not so bad right?
What brings me back to "future plans" of mine is my sketchbook.

I've been drawing outfits, looks that I like.
I don't have the ideal body to dress up like how I wanted to be so illustrating them
is a way of expressing how I wanted to look like.
And this is the reason I want to have a place for myself and people who likes similar things.

I always wanted to have a dessert house selling and renting zines and books,
selling some small goodies. Haha I want to plan this with my future husband.
But who knows maybe I will change my plan in future?
Or maybe my future husband don't want this. AHAHAH.
I remember Martha who gave us a workshop on our project,
" Don't think about your future as a graphic designer, think as a human. "
That gave me a huge inspiration.
She is right, we're young adults now and gonna step into the industry.
It's our responsibilities to contribute our skills and knowledge to the industry, and our country.
This need to be planned. HMMM... Somehow I can think of a few right now.
NEED TO REFINE AND PLANNED AS I GROW OLDER.

Yesterday I was so excited checking out jobs online,
then remembered there's something like zoo keeper for a day and volunteering jobs in ZSL zoo in london.(just an interest definitely not something serious)
But then sigh. only open for EU and local citizens.
SADNESS OVERLOAD!!!! Cause they got giraffes, penguins etc super cute animals there!
SIGH. This can't be done unless I become a EU citizen in future.
Maybe Malaysia zoo lo.
I wanted to at least volunteer once in a lifetime.
Cause I always wanted to be a veterinarian surgeon when Im young.
It's okay, being close with wild animals is good enough.

In this few months I realize everyone chose to be here for different reasons.
Some people study a particular course just to get a job that can earn more than usual in future,
some people study just to please their parents, some people study cause they don't know what
suits them or they don't really have a huge interest in something.
Yeah everyone have their own perspective and plans for their future.
Why compare yourself with others? You will be unhappy in the end.
Very very unhappy.
Of course your concept of life and future will change as you move forward day by day.
You will meet different people and they might change your life and interest.
Maybe your plans will turn out different and even more exciting as you planned.


Currently I am happy with my plans.
I got more plans in near future. I AM GOING TO DO THIS.

No comments: