Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Breathe

After 6 days of the Breathing Class (The Happiness Programme), 
I feel alive, different, relaxed, and most importantly, inspired.

It's a programme designed by Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, the founder of The Art of Living,
also the inventor of Sudarshan Kriya ( Breathing Based Technique ).
Which was what I have learnt in that 6 days.

I believe it's Fate that leads me here.
Many years ago, lots of friends invited me to join many fitness classes, 
or health related programmes, but I never showed up in any classes. 
It was my eldest sister who introduced me this programme, after seeing my
sick zombie face and listening to all my stories in UK, studying and working as a freelance Designer.
I wasn't so sure about this programme at first, because it's related to Yoga and Meditation.
My sister and my mother tried out a meditation class before and it sounds horrifying, those 
weird stuff going on while you're meditating, all your worse imaginations will scared the shit out of you. 
Yeah, I took their experienced seriously, hahaha so I always think meditating is the door to your ultra
fear in you, the door to realising the worst you. 
I don't know man, it just scares me. :| 
So I didn't actually remember the happiness programme thing, until my mother mentioned it again.
Hmm, feels quite cincai, I simply agreed to attend the class so my sister booked a place for me.

Deep in my heart, I was struggling.

Didn't really wanted to go, but I got no idea how I send up there with myself in
a loose t-shirt and my H&M legging. 
Man, just like that? I never thought of "changing myself", or "getting ready to be inspired".
I always thought it's like a yoga thing, full of youngsters, but it turned out to be all aunties. HAHAHA.

SO my confidence level raised a little, because no pretty girls will be thinking
why this fatty ugly girl is attending such tough class. 
Yup, yoga to me is a scary thing because it's always occupied with pretty young hot ladies,
even aunties have hot bodies, hmm, feeling very uncomfortable in such environment.
The first day was awesome, even though I didn't sleep early after the 3 hour class, 
I felt better! Physically! because it's really soothing, I didn't check the time at all. 
3 hours just flew away! POW!
The next day, I woke up 3 minutes before my alarm clock rings. DAMN!
And I felt so energetic instantly, like it's unlike me, normally I will wake up feeling lazy!
It's the first sign of positive health improvement. 

More techniques and yoga styles were taught by our teacher day by day. 
I felt more involved in the class due to group discussions and sharing session, bonding me
to the other friendly aunties. 
I felt good in this class, Guruji (sri sri) really planned this class well, from 0 - inspired.
I didn't expect anything, but many signs came to me, leaving me shocked, telling everyone about
what positive changes I had after the class. 
The last time I had my period was October.
Ever since then it disappeared, took holiday leave huh?
the 4th day after attending 3 classes, my period came back right after my sisters were saying
my it will come after few months practicing the breathing technique.
HO LY MO LLY. WOW!!!!!
It's one sign! Making me believe it this! 
Another sign was the changes in my reactions towards complaints.
I always feel bad for the person who tell me their stress, or problems at work or home,
so I can't really give much positive feedbacks. 
A friend of mine were telling me about him/her problem, and my reaction was so calm.
Very calm until I want to make this person appreciate the moment. 

You know what's awesome about the programme?
It's the flow of Guruji's concept of life. 
There are many teachings I already knew, like we shouldn't care about how people judge us,
or we should enjoy the moment and be happy. Come on it's everywhere, in religion, university, tumblr,
pinterest, blogs, quotes by successful people!
Isn't it? We all know all of these good qualities that we should learn. 
But actually how many of the inspirational quotes inspired you? 
Like really really makes you understand everything. erm, 1, 2? or non?
In this 6 days, I'm really inspired, my mid had opened up for happiness.
Not to say 100%, but at least I cleared part of my negativity out. 
I have new perspective of certain incidents, new concept of life, fresh ideas in improving myself.
It's truly life changing. I am really glad that I participate in the programme!
领悟和知道有很大差别, 真的,这六天我没白来。

About my fear of meditation....
You know what I had in mind when I meditate?
First 3 days :
SEX. What on earth am I doing man. 
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA.
NO GHOST, NO DISGUSTING STUFF, OR CREEPY WEIRD THINGS.
But simply... sex. 
Not for long of course, cause I need to focus in breathing.
My breathing will mess up when I started imagining things AHHAHA
4th day onwards, I mainly focus in relaxing my body and focusing in breathing only,
not sexual pleasure anymore. 

4th day onwards, I have this feeling of not willing to go, cause 3 hours or 4 is a little too much,
plus I hate my legs being numb when we meditate. Maybe that's the main reason.
But partially, the reason was my work. I started doing work quicker than I imagined!
So yeah 6 hours for work is not enough for me. I want to do more, and more, and more.
I had many ideas in my mind when I meditate actually, until I feel like doing work right
on the spot.
haha, see, it's beneficial :)
Unexpectedly good. 

Of course I'm not saying I'm God-Like after this 6 days. Impossible bro.

But overall, I see quite a lot of improvements.
More to come! WOOHOO!!!




No comments: