Saturday, February 7, 2015

Update update

Awesome waffle at Gamuda Walk!!!

This naughty lil boy.


EH HEHHH color looks so good!!!
Thaipusam in Ipoh.



But it's fading.
SIGH. I really like to see my hair red, too bad the cost of maintaining it is very very pricey.
Forgot to mention that, the waffle + cream and ice cream was superb.
OH MY DA BEST EVER.

So I've been volunteering for charity, hmm, I come to a conclusion:
I believe charity workers are really really strong.
My teacher had been doing this more than 3 years, and she took all the responsibilities
to manage all the roadshow and activities in Ipoh all by herself. Strong women.
Sometimes she managed to find a few helpers but still most of the time she carries the stress herself.
Yuan(fate) brought us together, so she could at least throw some design work for me to do.
Poor thing, I must praise her passion and patience.
I never seen such passionate charity worker so far.

Day before Thaipusam, I actually volunteered myself to be part of them to
spread some flyers and promote the 328 smiles yoga event in an Indian Temple, Ipoh.
It was my very first time going to such big Indian celebration in my life.
WOW, I don't see much Indians normally, but that day was a big day that gathers LOTS OF INDIANS in Ipoh. That was a huge crowd!
I arrived there wearing a white Indian ...Dress? Not sari, with a few of the volunteers.
5 of us were wearing something alike, specially for this day as a respect to the Indians and the temple.
Okay, we got our goodie bags ready with some multi language flyers in and water, off we go!
It's actually very hard to promote events, especially by approaching strangers.
Maybe we're one of the 5% chinese in this event, so automatically we drew some attention.
Obviously we look very cute that day, HAHAHA.
But no, it's still very hard to spread the flyers out.

Challenging indeed.
But I spoke to a few friendly indians who explained all the rituals and their beliefs!
I'm glad that I went there. Again, normally I won't be so daring to volunteer myself in these activities,
but this time, I don't know what's in me that kept me so excited about it.
Ended up buying new indian dress cause I couldn't fit into my old Punjabi Dress. SAD.
BUT HAPPY AT THE SAME TIME. New dress yo. HAHAHAHA
So I asked many questions about Hinduism and all the rituals they performed that day.
This friendly Indian Man who has 2 sons with him stood there and explained everything I asked,
from A to Z, very very nice.
He asked me, " do you know why they(some god and godness) won't squash the animals and flowers they're sitting on?".
" It's because, God is not an object, God doesn't have a form, like a soul! That's why God is very light to sit on anything without putting pressure on it."

"OH WOW!!! I SEE"

DNS kacang Putih even sponsored a huge cage and peacocks to showcase them behind the temple!
HUGE CAGE YO. HUGE.
Things he said creates more curiosity to me, I think we were standing there for 15 minutes or more.
Then, I saw 2 half naked man got poured by some water, started to roll on the floor surrounding
the temple. I was like hmm.... what....?
Questions again. HAHA Q&A session last quite long.
I shook his hand and thanked him after I asked enough, brilliant man.
Okay time to do my job. Take some photos. HAHAHAHA.
Then I bought some indian desserts and snacks. Actually I was really hungry before arriving,
I went there with an empty stomach. As soon as I arrived I felt alright, not hungry anymore. Strange right?
I learnt a lot of things about Hinduism that day, never felt so good to be part of the celebration!
They say we can also go in and pray or meditate if we want to.
You know what, after involving myself in this celebration, I felt more like a Malaysian.
Understanding our fellow Malaysian's culture and people do creates a bond with them and the country, it's not like, we know they are indians and they celebrate Thaipusam.
It's more in depth, at least a better knowledge of their religion right?
Indians are really awesome, 99% of them whom I spoke to speaks English very well!
Very surprised actually! I though most of us Malaysians don't speak english that well. AHAHHA

Fascinating experience.
Now I know why they offer milk to God but not water nor coke!


No comments: