Wednesday, October 2, 2013

First class in UK

We, a bunch of Malaysians stepped into class of 65 people at 10am,
and realized, holy mama, there's SO MANY STUDENTS.
I think the international students are already 1/3 or half of the class man!
There's so many people in this class, luckily the classroom is big enough to fit us all.
Well we couldn't mix into the locals today cause when we got into class, they are already sitting together and there's not enough space for us.
So the international students sit separately. (not only malaysians, there's more)
Wow, there's 3 lecturers to help us in this particular GD subject.
There's one lecturer who sounds and feels like Ban Lee.
Gaolat liao, I can tell he is picky and very fussy.
This time, gaolat.

And another one sounds harsh, straight but honest.
Then there's a female lecturer, super nice man, like her a lot!
So we got to sit with 2 china girls and 1 local if not mistaken.
Kind of have a small activity writing about our expectations on ourself and tutors throughout the year,
and our concerns next year.
It's a group work, so after writing that they put them all up to explain how they will help us,
answer some questions we made on the paper.
I like it this way so we can get our answers right away.
Then they kind of brief us what is this module about and our project about.
And showed us our alumni's work.

HOLY SHIT I am seriously stress.
There's many many good graphic works here man!!!
We got to get our senior's exhibition booklet for free!!!
YES!!!!!! I'm gonna post it soon.
Then there's this one TOA senior studying here got nominated for D&AD's award!!!
SERIOUSLY. THUMBS UP.
It's a perfume packaging design, wow, 3D modeling yo, super nice.
Then the lecturer's showed us some works that might inspired us for our project.
It's something about lost heritage la, something we did before last semester.
But those examples were mind blowing.
The best part of today's 10-4 class is, they contacted some alumni
to give us a sharing session, also Q&A session.
MY GOD westerns are really cute, super friendly and funny.
It's unlike asians, shy type.
They shared their working experiences, and joked around, made us laughed like hell!!!!
6 of them, got a job, and they shared us about interview experiences, highlights of final years etc
things that we want to know like the real outside working world,
some difficulties we may face, some smarter way of completing things, etc.
Very very nice of them, I appreciate this session.
I gained loads of knowledge from them.
Thumbs up man, and I saw some of their ideas for final years,
mamamia, UNIQUE and UNBELIEVABLE.
Very interesting! Gosh, I got so inspired by them, that I finally realize
I've been working my ideas so wrong, like so restricted,
now I'm feeling motivated yo.
I'm gonna start an illustration personal project.
MUST. To include this in my portfolio.

Buddha I need this so badly.
I finally got the feeling of working ULTRA 200% hard in UK.
This is my final shot. And I need to kill this!!!
MAN I love this thing.
I like it here, it's so different.
Although I know the lecturers gonna kick our arse,
(they said they gonna give us a kick in our arse hard)
it's okay, I understand that we need this kick.

MOTIVATED.

No comments: