Thursday, January 2, 2014

Doomsday Book



















///TO SUM UP///

Doomsday Book (Hangul인류멸망보고서RRInryu myeongmang bogoseo; lit. "Report on the Destruction of Mankind") is a 2012 South Korean science-fictionanthology film directed by Kim Jee-woon and Yim Pil-sung. It tells three unique stories of human self-destruction in the modern high-tech era, while displaying an alternative form of genuine humanity and compassion. A Brave New World is a political satire about a viral zombie outbreak; The Heavenly Creature philosophizes on whether a robot can achieve enlightenment; and in Happy Birthday a dysfunctional family bonds in the midst of an apocalypse.
(from wiki)


So yeah, I like this film's color settings. Lovely!!!
They are all pretty original yeah, the last story I was like..
You gotta be kidding me, alien posts your parcel and your parcel is the cause of the end of the world, 
and it is a freaking gigantic pool ball. O M G.
INTERESTING.
It depends how you see it, some people may think its stupid but I think it's interesting.
A whole new perception of apocalypse,
breaking the stereotypical view of zombies robots and apocalypse.

The Heavenly Creature is pretty depressing, about human desire, selfishness. 
It will make you think and judge yourself in the end.
Sigh, if only the ones with power is clear about this moral value of the story.
I like this one, cause no robots so far in any other films relates to religion, to god, Buddha.
SIGH, DEPRESS.
But I enjoyed.

I read journals about some non-disneyfied films and directors for my essay about 2 months ago then I found Yim Pil-sung,
so I decided to check out his films.
Tim Burton and Hayao Miyazaki are part of the non-disneyfied directors yo!


No comments: