Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Patrick Wolf fever





His latest album Sundark and Riverlight.
He remade some of the best songs in previous few albums.
You can compare the original and this (from latest album), totally different feeling.
More acoustic, more minimal in instruments, and more folk.
Even the album art shows it already.

Chalk typeface, hand written typography has some feel of organic, homey, relaxing.
It still mysterious, and it is very special.

The play of instruments gave the whole song a new feeling.
Traditional culture touch. Violin is always his favorite, thats why he features Andrew Bird
in some performance. Almost every song in this album shows violin as one of the main
instrument. Lovely!
Those drums. UHHH... Bring me to the top of the hill and let me enjoy this.
**dies**




This is more electronic. A lil bit psycho in the beginning i have the feeling.
It's quirky. Its beautiful. Love the video.
Try comparing. I wouldn't say either one is better, I only can say the mood is different.

Been listening for 3 years, all his music.
I remember I wanted to do his album art design in 1st year for one of the assignment but
as I show the mood board, feedback I got is he's too indie and no one heard him.
And people don't know whether is he a vask or something.
Means he might have the handsome face but might not have the talent, taste in music.
Are you kidding me. Not all indie music sounds the same come on!!!
He is different from other indie music, he experiments with different instruments,
using many sounds effects like Fireworks sound in his song, Bluebell.
Something like Cocorosie who uses toy's sound effects as music.

I am a hip hip, jazz fan but when I go back to his songs, I fell in love every time.
Unique. That deep voice is one of the factor, it kills me.
Because I am a girl! a girl who love deep voices!
Oh........ I wish I could get his latest album for real.

No comments: