Sunday, November 4, 2012

古谷实; Minoru Furuya



The first comic I read by Mr Minoru Furuya.
I fall in love with his manga right away.
I did not know that there's some story about a murderer been featured inside.
Intense mood..........


The 2nd one.
A lot of beautiful big bikes in this comic.
(thought of my mother. XD)

YES!!!! This is why I love about his works!
Loud! Real! Humorous!





Totally the most memorable manga I've read so far.
Minoru Furuya, 古谷实, is the artist who drew the comic of a kid who shits rabbit out.
I did not know that at first because those 2 manga that I read is a lil bit dark,
humorous but the contents are kind of scary, contains some murder scenes.
I like the way he transformed fear, split personalities into visuals.
It's something that I haven't seen before.

Also, his manga really made me question my dreams and future.
He discusses our life, about who we are and daily issues.
Kinda took my breath away when I realize I was actually reading
something about a murderer's logic.
Luckily the manga has other great characters that I really admire,
some normal or I can say not that good looking people. AHHAHAHA!
(They did motivate and inspired me.)
That's Minoru's style, that's his signature man.
*oh not to forget, dirty jokes and imaginary penis aliens or weird looking human head creatures
are also his main elements in his works*
**It's just so CREATIVE! I love it so much :D**

Everything character setting, storyline makes me feel that..
It's not romantic big eye pretty character art style with imaginative love stories
that is very rare in this world.
Normally people won't feature aunties with curly hair, big round belly,
big mouth thick lips and small eyes with huge eye bags right?
But that's Minoru's element.
In the mainstream manga we've seen everyday,
most of the characters seemed to be good looking, at least they are above average.
Princess looking, model looking hot chicks and
k-pop j-pop manga guys etc really got me sick somehow.
Boring. boring. boring.
Unless their art style fits my taste. XD

Unlike Minoru Furuya's.
Minoru's manga shows reality.
It felt so real! Finally there's some "normal people" in manga!
Look at people around you. Not all of them look like superstars and models isn't it?
Those personalities are superb. Of course face expressions 150% geng!!!
It's weird, funny,and joyful! mmm but there's some dark ones. XD
No doubt that his lines are so thin, every scenery is detail, nicely constructed.
Even his characters look funny, simple, but I can see effort in it.
His manga had been made into a movie! wow~  :D


USH! I am looking for his other works!
Man I wanna read them all so badly right now. XD

No comments: