Thursday, August 22, 2013

Last week.

"angel" in arab writing.

Cameron Highlands.
Near by my granma's place.


Some random sketch.


DOTS THAT FORM BUBBLES.






LOOK AT THE HAIR YO!!!!!




I wrote this on his hand few weeks ago, when I learnt some arabic calligraphy from him and
some Israel friend.
Calligraphy is always one of my favorite since Debby our lecturer introduced us a Arab typographer.
Arabic, English and chinese calligraphy are really beautiful in their own way.
It requires a lot of patience and practices.
I met some chinese traditional painters and calligraphers, they really have some style yo.
The way they speak and act is different, can tell they are really calm.
WOO this need a lot of practices and experience to achieve that level of painting, writing and maintaining our calmness, shaping our attitude.
Respect.

Cameron Highlands, my parent's hometown.

This visit reminds me a lot of my family, our experiences in this calm peaceful place.
It's a small village, but it feels so close with everyone, relatives are everywhere, kids are playing around, the elderly are sitting infront of their houses talking to same old friends.
It's unlike the city I'm living all the time.
人情味。
Our car will be occupied with vegetables, fresh flowers, fruits and food from different people
when we head back to Ipoh, my hometown.
Friends, relatives, neighbours will send us what they have, in boxes, huge chunk of stuffs when they
saw our car parking at my grandparent's garage.
Gosh, where can we find such warm place? Yes we can but it's quite hard to find people like this
nowadays. Definitely hard in cities.
Cameron Highlands is where I find peace, the place I felt my presence.
I felt like bursting into tears whenever I write about my grandma, I wish she can live forever.
SIGH. OKAY SKIP!!!! NOT TODAY.

I still remember my passion in drawing comics.

I spent time everyday after completing homework with my pen and papers, trying to practice
and create stuffs and sell to my classmates at school.
HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! It's not allowed but..
Sorry cannot help it, I want to promote and make money. XD
Line art used to be my strongest skill, now, I suck, my hands starting to shake while drawing lines.
It's okay, need time to train this, everything requires hardwork, I strongly believe in this.
I guess I don't really have much talent in drawing? But I always remember I spent hell lot of time
in drawing, trying to copy artstyles from my favorite comic artist, that's how we learn.
Try to mimic, develop, mix, and create another style.


My very first shoju comic I read is by a taiwanese manga artist - 游素兰.
My second sister bought it when I'm young, the artstyle is realllyyyy elegant.
Silky long hair, huge pretty eyes, small nose sharp chin long body.
But overall it's really detail, especially using dots to create romantic "mood", "essence"(dont know how to describe), but every dot is gold. I practiced that technique, darn hard man, DARN HARD.
DARN HARDDDDD!!!!!!!!
I saw her books in China, OKAY no need to consider, BUY.
Cause every page is well drawn, the inking part is really good, SERIOUSLY she is still my idol.
You can stop looking at her colored works, I think the colored ones cannot bring out what she's
really good at, check her black white works. THOSE HAIR MY GODNESS.
Those detailed background, laces, flowers OH MY EYES!
Some of the "elegant" looking manga looks complicated, laces all chunked together,
not much weight and balance, it feels messy in some way.
游素兰's skill is definitely more mature and clean. OH I LIKE HER A LOT.
Romantic. Simply romantic. She's one of the artist who influenced my pathway.
She often uses themes like History of China, Angels and Devils, something mysterious and elegant.
Wow, I bought 6 books only, but I spend many days reading them, it's not about story only,
it's about experiencing the artist's skills man.
Just like Takeshi Obata , Clamp and Osamu Tezuka.
OH RESPECT!!!!!

The best thing of collecting manga - reread, reread and reread. Also about paper materials.




Without my sister and her, I wont be here,

Even though in the end I decided not to go for manga pathway.  :)




No comments: